27 July 2013

Summer So Far

The weather this past month has been amazing (hot and dry!).  Everyone here has been calling it a heatwave - I call it a proper summer!  We've been sleeping with windows open, playing in the paddling pool, hanging clothes on the wash line, barbecuing, and hitting up the beach in Bournemouth (the South of England).  The kids love the beach.  Tess is most happy when playing in the sea water, and Lewis enjoys eating the sand.

English Channel, Southbourne
Southbourne Beach

We've been spending a lot of time in our back garden on these warm days.  Yesterday we had a tea party with our new tea set.  We use a yummy pink drink for our tea.






Tess is officially potty trained!  It was a much easier process then I expected it to be. Tess picked up on it right away (the advantage of waiting until she is almost three).  I think the sticker charts and candy rewards were the biggest help.  She will do anything for a piece of candy!


Tess is taking more of an interest in her brother.  She's been enjoying playing with him, making him laugh, and helping him.  She recently told me that Lewis is her best friend.  This is sort of a big deal in our house, since up until now Tess hasn't really liked Lewis much.  She would usually resort to tormenting the poor little guy, by shouting at him, pushing him over, and taking toys from him.  I'm so pleased to finally see the beginnings of a beautiful brother-sister relationship.


4 comments:

MB said...

A proper summer indeed! Glad that you made it to the beach and it didn't look busy at all! Wow! I'm so happy to see Tess enjoying being the 'big sister'. Fingers crossed Bea will do the same...

Bath Bomb Creations said...

You have some lovely photos...

Anonymous said...

Love the tea set! It's blue and white-my fave! Can I have a tea party when I'm there, Tess? Proud of your potty training success! Feels so much better than diapers! Little guy is sooo handsome! In this picture, I think he looks more like you, Kristy. I think the blond hair helps. Love your pictures and blog. So much more personal than Facebook. That beach looks really nice. Is it ever way crowded? Can't believe it's so vacant during the summer. Lovely day! Love Mom T

Pamela Lynn said...

I had a little tea set when I was little and I do believe it was my favorite thing to play with ;-D